Calling It A Day: Rigging Of My Model For This Project

I decided to call it a day. The days upon days of headaches are over for now. I thought now was the best place to finish because I had the global control in place so I could move and scale the model without problems. I had to solve a number of issues along the way which caused a number of set backs to the timeframe I hoped to be finished in. I didn’t have the roll joints in for the legs because I couldn’t make them work properly for some reason. Even though I had built them before in a previous save but moved on to another save which didn’t have them in so that work was lost. I also didn’t put in space swapping which I wanted to do because I didn’t feel like I had enough time to figure it out. The same goes for the stretchy arms and legs. They would have made sense with this character since he is a bit cartoony. Maybe I’ll try it with the next model. But right now I feel like I need a bit of a break from rigging and just have some fun making some models instead and I’ll pick it back up in a few weeks maybe.

I also made a quick animation to demonstrate it working. I couldn’t export it out though for some reason. I had a number of warning errors and when I imported the model into Marmoset Toolbag, it was all crushed and deformed and only the face animation was working. So God knows what happened there. Yet another annoyance to solve…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: